Retail Ransacked: Theft on the Rise
Decency Exposed: The New Culture Wars
We’re not the fashion police — though we’re asked that question quite often! — but we are keeping a close watch on current developments involving fashion and policing. Join us on the eve of New York Fashion Week for FASHION POLICE, a double-header symposium in partnership with the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. The first panel, “Retail Ransacked: Theft on the Rise,” will address this growing trend, its causes and effects, and strategies and public/private initiatives to combat it. In case you missed our popular event at San Diego Comic Con, we’ll reprise it with our second panel, “Decency Exposed: The New Culture Wars,” an exploration of obscenity, decency, and current regulation of what we do or don’t wear. We look forward to welcoming you back to campus for the first time since the start of the pandemic! Dress code: Clothed, please.
DATE: Thursday, September 8, 2022
TIME: 9:00-11:45 am (breakfast 8:30am)
PLACE: Costantino Room, 2nd Floor, Fordham Law School, 150 W. 62 St.
NYS CLE: 3 hours professional practice, transitional and non-transitional
Reservations recommended to guarantee admission.
Retail Ransacked: Theft on the Rise speakers:
- Matthew Bauer, Madison Avenue Business Improvement District
- Christopher Hornig, Saks Off Fifth
- Estelle Strykers-Santiago, New York County District Attorney’s Office
- Ashley Valdes, Warby Parker
- MODERATOR: Professor Susan Scafidi, Fashion Law Institute at Fordham
Decency Exposed: The New Culture Wars speakers:
- Marilee Holmes, Save the Children
- Professor Kimberly Jenkins, The Fashion and Race Database and Artis Solomon Consulting
- Professor Susan Scafidi, Fashion Law Institute at Fordham
- MODERATOR: Jeff Trexler, Interim Director, Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
For more information about the Institute or the CLE hardship policy, please contact us at email@example.com.